VOGONS

First post, by rev79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've read that the Kings Quest are able to be played through DOSbox, and I have v. 0.61. At this point, I don't know what I'm doing wrong and could use some help.
I mount both C: and E:, which is my CD-Rom, successfully.
After navigating to the install, I get through that mostly until the end where it says it can't locate two or three RESOURCE files. It lets me click through that, then says the installation is done. When I go to run KQ6cd, it says the video driver cannot be installed.
And that's where I'm at right now.
Anybody have a clue?
Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Did you try searching for KQ6 or King Quest?

I found this King's Quest 6 installation help please!

Oh - and do upgrade to DOSBox 0.63.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by rev79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about that, I forgot I'd posted about this awhile back.

Anyway, would somebody be willing to walk me through this problem? I'm pretty sure I've done it right, its just not finding these Resource files.

Reply 4 of 5, by rev79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, sweet I got it working. Now, one more thing: I looked all over, including the readme about configuring DOSBox, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I want to be able to open up DOSBox and have my c: and e: drives already mounted and be able to get straight into the game. How do I go about saving these settings on exit?
Thanks.

Reply 5 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … d&find=autoexec

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions