VOGONS

First post, by werbfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm playing a lot with UFO : Enemy Unknown lately and I found that there are some errors playing with version 1.4.

- In forest maps, if I want to throw an Electro-Flare on a place situated on a second level (hill in this case), I always get the message that I cannot throw there. A similar problem with this second level bug, is when I want to move a soldier from the first level to a second level (on a hill again), I got the same message. In order to be able to move this soldier to the second floor, I have to move him the same way if I would have remained him on the first floor. Then when he is on the hill I can use the movement functionnality for the second level. But the weird behaviour is when unfortunately I move the soldier towards a tree trunk, he then stays on the same place than the trunk...
- On some alien UFOs, a few scares are not reachable. You can move over them, but you cannot ask one of your soldier to stop on them.

Since I played with this game on my 486DX at that time and that those bugs didn't happened, I guess that there is a little bug in DosBox 0.63 😖. I would rather think about a rounding problem on a numeric ocnversion for instance.

Anyway DosBox Rocks 😁.

Werbfred

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

that is possible.
the current fpu has limitations.
The next version of dosbox will have a more accurate fpu (at least for x86 ) So your problem might then be gone.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!