VOGONS

First post, by 7th Seeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so my problem with Conquests Of The Longbow is that when I call the Fens Monk with the flute and start crossing the swamp, the game crashes. The music keeps playing, but that´s it.
The same thing happens with Police Quest 1 VGA, when I pursue the girl in the red car and I´m getting out of the patrol car, the game crashes. Music and siren keep playing too.
I´m using DosBox. When I tried not using it, the same thing happened on Police Quest 1. However in Conquests Of The Longbow, I got an error saying ¨Oops, you did something we didn´t expect!¨ Funny.
So please, if you can help me, I´ll be grateful. 😉

Now That I´m Going Down To Sleep, Pray The Lord My Soul To Keep. If I Die Before I Awake, Pray The Lord My Soul To Take --- Metallica, Enter Sandman

Reply 1 of 3, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try lowering the cycles. Try something like 3500-5000. Also what sound settings do you use? Try "Soundblaster" if available for sound (without the compatible on the end) or for games that seperate them, try "Soundblaster" for speech and "Soundblaster or Compatibles" for Music. I ound an error quite like yours in Larry 1 VGA. It was caused by using General Midi or Roland. The game seems to wait for a music queue but it never comes up with midi based music.

Reply 3 of 3, by 7th Seeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you, but none of that solved my problem. If you know anything else that may help, then please tell me.

Thanks!

Now That I´m Going Down To Sleep, Pray The Lord My Soul To Keep. If I Die Before I Awake, Pray The Lord My Soul To Take --- Metallica, Enter Sandman