VOGONS

First post, by pottyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys! Good site, and a pretty good emulator to boot!

However, I just cannot install Dune 2! I use the original disks for the installation.

I place Disk 1 in my external USB floppy drive (my laptop doesn't have one built-in). I mount the floppy drive (the a drive), and run the installer. I set up the installation options, and it installs the files from disk 1. When the installer asks for disk 2, I take the disk out and put disk 2 in. I press any key, and the installer detects the second disk. Unfortunately, I then get an error message saying "Unable to unpack files from disk 2. Please try again". After several attempts, the installer says "Installation failed. Press any key to continue.".

I tried to install the game under XP. It installs successfully, but when I move the game into the directory I use as DOSBox's C drive, setup won't run in DOSBox, and you need to run setup before you can play the game!

My version of DOSBox is v0.63, and I run it on Windows XP Home Edition.

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Not sure if this will help, but try hitting CTRL-F4 after you have inserted disk 2.

If you want to know what CTRL-F4 do, read the ..... (drum roll) .... README.txt.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions