VOGONS

First post, by Ludomeister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody been able to get Rowan's unique flight sim/strategy game, Air Power, to run with VESA support in DosBox? When you install part of the procedure, along with identifying your sound card, etc., is to choose the SVGA driver. Since it did not recognize my driver, it offers you the options to use a "universal" driver or to manually select from a bunch of drivers. None of these options proves fruitful with my card (ATI Radeon 256 megs).

Has anybody gotten this game to work? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Your real card is (or should be) irrelevant for DOSBox. I think DOSBox emulates an S3 card. Try that.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Another wild suggestion: See if you can find a little utility called UNIVBE.EXE and run it before the game installer. UNIVBE (I think) emulates some extra screen modes that just might work with that "universal" driver in the game.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The game MUST HAVE a VESA entry listed in the graphic options. Otherwise, chosing VESA will prove unuseful.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)