VOGONS

First post, by ziqw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't seem to get farther than the picture of the boat.
Credits roll all the way, with music and all, and than:
Fades in: PC version:
Fades in:Guillaume Genty
The "PC version:" fades out and I'm stuch there. The music keeps runing for a while longer and than nothing.
I've tried frameskip 10 and cycles as low as 300 and as high as 10 000 but nothing.

CPU: Athlon XP +2600
MB: ASUS A7V8X
RAM: DDR 512 (if need be I can find out the frequency)
Video card: radeon 9600XT 128 MB (if necessary I'll find out the type)
DOSBOX version 0.63

Don't know what sound mode I use.
The video is 1024x768 32 bit, direct x I guess

Reply 1 of 6, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game works fine for me. I have not altered the DosBox config excpet for the usual mounting. I think you simply have a bad version.
Maybe it's due to some corruption or what have you.
The same freeze errors happen in older versions of some Atari ST emulators with certain cracked versions too, by the way.

Reply 3 of 6, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am the same version of using DosBox you have as well.
Maybe your Dosbox config has been messed with too many times. I find uninstalling and subsequently, reinstalling DosBox helps get games going again. To avoid this, I have begun to experiment with D-Fend. I have also saved my basic Dosbox config and simply dropped it into the dosbox folder if i mess with the config too much and forget changes i've made.

Reply 5 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a bad version of the game out there, which I could not get to run in DOS, DOSBox, or with VDMS. Another version I had no problems with at all. Try getting another version.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers