VOGONS

First post, by FreeKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to play darksun shattered lands from the cd masterpiece collection edition (patched) and when I try to run it a bunch of giant sized incoherent characters appear at the top of the screen then it returns me to dosbox prompt without the game having loaded.

When I try to play wake of the ravager it says the cd isn't in the drive, but it is, how do I enable a cd rom from dosbox (but without making my default prompt run from the cd?

I did search for some answers and read the guides but didn't have much luck, what can I say I'm a noob

Adam

Reply 3 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you run the sound setup? If so, what did you choose? Make sure it works in this menu before trying the game.

Also, how many cycles are you using? Try lowering them. Also both normal and dynamic Cores in the config.

I have darksun 1 and I know it works. I've avoided the second one due to reports of many bugs...

Reply 4 of 9, by FreeKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I started changing the sound configs and I got shattered lands working (so far)

I've got ravager sound setup as a Soundblaster 16 and my cycles are 5000, it runs now, and plays the opening music but I'm getting no video/graphics

Thanks for your help so far by the way I appreaciate it.