VOGONS

First post, by absterge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well met, all. I have only very recently been introduced to the wonderful world of vogons and DOSBox, and I have finally found a use for this original XCOM2 cd (with the underwater clawed hand) and accompanying TFTD.iso file. 😁

However, after playing for a few days now consistently on dosbox .63, I get what looks like a random palette shift in either geoscape and battlescape, rendering all the colors very difficult to discern. Exiting one -scape into the other seems to fix it, but it may occur again in the same session, with no apparent rhyme or reason. I do notice that my hard drive does one quick read beforehand, and then bang! Craziness. Technically, the game is still playable... 😜

Any attention would be appreciated, but if you're going to point me in the direction of the CVS, I'll tell you that I'll gladly read about 45 words into your well-thought out composition and then my eyes will glaze over. Ever since I quit programming in HS, I find I have little tolerance for anything other than a quick hex edit nowadays.

Thanks so much!

Reply 1 of 3, by absterge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is the original DOS version of the game, with the batch files and all. The palette shift seems to happen regularly when going from one -scape to the other, but it is always righted once the interface is ready (until it randomly freaks out again).

Thanks again.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Points absterge towards a pre-compiled CVS version.

Unzip and drop the files into your current DOSBox install.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions