VOGONS

First post, by kkube

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I'm trying to get Magic of Endoria to run, but I haven't yet figured out how.
I'm using a fresh install of DOSBox 0.63, the only thing I've changed is a

mount c C:\Programme\DOSBox-0.63\dos
c:

in the autoexec section of dosbox.conf. I got my copy of MoE from a disc in a magazine. I copied the complete directory MOE\ to the above directory. When I ran start.bat from DOSBox it seemed to hang while running checksys.exe. So I removed that line and tried again. Now there where issues with some lines containing "{d}", but from the context I could figure out I had to replace them with "c" (there was a line "cd {d}:\moe", which was the path of all the executables on the CD). I ran start.bat again, and this time I got the intro to work, even with sound. But after that it tries to load the main program (intro and game are run seperately by calling "psmshell cdintro|moe -Dc") and ends abruptly. There is a complaint about an illegal command: mode when start.bat calls "mode co80" but nothing else.

I hope that someone could help me, especially as MoE is listed as supported in the games list.

Greetings.

Reply 1 of 2, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you install the game properly? I.e., did you call the suplied DOS install program? Simply copying the files over isn't enough most of the time.