VOGONS

First post, by HelmutB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I've got "Der Planer" a few days ago :
http://www.gamezworld.de/showentry.php?ID=273.
In DOSbox 0.63 I've got the described issue. The game terminates.

I tested xms and ems true and false. I set memsize to 24. There is no difference. Please help me !!!

The download is an win32-installer. The installer produces links witch advertise "Der Planer 3". Could it be a safety of Greenwood Entertainment against DOSBox ?

edit: CelticOrigin tested supportet with DOSBox 0.61. With my installer the game terminates in 0.61 too.

So long

Last edited by HelmutB on 2005-03-27, 00:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 5, by HelmutB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello ASM!

Now I start in DOSBox with option language=deutsch.lng and
[autoexec]
mount c c:\dosgames
mount a c:\dosdisk -t floppy
mount d c:\doscd -t cdrom
c:
keyb gr
dir

The game crashes with :
INSTALLATION-ERROR
YOU MUST INSTALL THE GAME AGAIN !
PRESS KEY.
C:\DOSCD and C:\DOSDISK are empty. Is it necessary to get an EMM386.EXE to copy inside C:\DOSGAMES ?

Sorry for supplementary edits! I don't know if it is necessary to give information in this detailed way...

So long

Last edited by HelmutB on 2005-03-27, 13:25. Edited 9 times in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you try installing the game using PHYSICAL floppy drive A?

E.g. mount a a:\ -t floppy

I don't get it. If the game is on floppies, why do you need to mount both a floppy drive and a cd-rom drive?

Please, keep us posted on how it goes...

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 5, by HelmutB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello el_PuSHeR!

I've got the Internetversion "DerPlaner1.exe" and installed it without floppy and cd using Windows XP Professional. I installed it in C:\DOSGAMES\PLANER. I tried to get DOSBox.conf all inclusive.

Now I deleted "mount a c:\dosdisk -t floppy". I started the game with PLAN.BAT in DOSBox. It shows me the last described issue again.

edit:
I tried "mount d g:\ -t cdrom" and put any cd in pshysical cd drive. There is the same issue...

edit2:
PLAN.BAT only contains the code :
LOGISTIC.EXE 1 C:\DOSGAMES\PLANER\DERPLA~1\
There is a file "LOGISTIC.EXE" and a subfolder "DerPlanercd".

Could the issue appear with newest Windowsinstaller for XP Professional and the setupfile "DerPlaner1.exe" for older releases of Windows ?
Possible (subfolder "DerPlanercd" versus cdrom) is an internal conflict in the game. Can I get MSCDEX driver in DOSBox without mounting a cdrom ?

So long

Last edited by HelmutB on 2005-05-15, 03:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by HelmutB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

Thomas H., owner of a CD-version of the game, helped me in the GamezWorld-Forum: http://www.gamezworld.de/phpforum/index.php?showtopic=4790

Install the game with XP elsewhere. Make a subfolder "Planer" to C:\DOSCD and copy the three subfolders of "DerPlanercd" in. It looks like:
C:\DOSCD\Planer\DAT
C:\DOSCD\Planer\KARTE
C:\DOSCD\Planer\SPIEL
Then copy the rest of the game elsewhere in C:\DOSGAMES. You don't need the subfolder "DerPlanercd" furthermore.

DOSBox.conf:
[autoexec]
mount c C:\DOSGAMES
mount d C:\DOSCD -t cdrom

Don't use PLAN.BAT. Start the game with file LOGISTIC.EXE.

edit:
You can play the game without DOSBox using XP. If you understand german language you can look at GamezWorld-Forum what to do. I don't know the englisch expressions.

So long