VOGONS

First post, by Alweiser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This isn't a DOSbox problem, but I have Ultima7 and Forge of Virtue original disks. Ultima 7 itself runs and plays great through DOSbox. I cannot get Forge of Virtue to install though. I type "install" at the A: prompt (my 3.5 floppy drive) after mounting it properly; and it asks me what drive I'd like to install to and I tell it c (my hard drive). This is where it gets stuck, it starts looking for legal directories and just simply gets stuck. I have mounted my c: drive properly also... Any help?
Thanks!

Reply 1 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

After searching the forum I wasn't able to find any post regarding your installation problem. Have you heard about Exult?

http://exult.sourceforge.net/

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 9, by Alweiser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've hear of Exult, and I've actually posted this same problem there as well. 😢

I'm not using Exult presently, Ultima 7 itself works fine. I was under the impression to use Exult I needed an installed version of the games first. If I can't get the game installed I don't think that will solve my problem.

I've tried about everything my limited computer knowledge has made me able to think of. I wonder if my Forge disk is corrupted somehow. Is there any way to tell?

Thanks!
Alweiser

Reply 4 of 9, by Alweiser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also just copied the entire Forge of Virtue disk into my Ultima7 directory and ran the install.exe file from there and no luck either. 😢

Perhaps I'll have to buy the Ultimate CD edition off amazon or ebay if I want to solve this...

Reply 5 of 9, by infael

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the Ultimate CD and the graphics are NOTHING like the original game! I really hate em. Ultima 6 and 7 had the top down graphic view and looked more 3-d. EA's version is a flat 2-d view. If you still want the Ultimate CD, I'll sell it to you. I have the entire thing, nothing missing.

infael

Dell Pentium 4 2.4G
XP Pro SP2
2 G RAM
Leadtek GeForce 8800GTX vid card

Reply 7 of 9, by infael

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks! I'll check out the site!

Lately, I've been on an old games kick for som reason. Ultima, Wizardry, Might & Magic.

I got M&M to work on my computer and am looking for wizardry 6 and 7 as well as Ultima 5 & 6.

Dell Pentium 4 2.4G
XP Pro SP2
2 G RAM
Leadtek GeForce 8800GTX vid card

Reply 8 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I recently decided to play the same party of characters through Wizardry 6, 7, and 8, and am currently using DOSBox to play Wiz6. I'm about 80% of the way through the game I think (isle of the dead, characters just about to level 12). I plan to import them into Wiz7 in DOSBox, then Wiz8 in WinXP if I manage to stick with it that long.