VOGONS

First post, by Farfle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I recently discovered that I am having problems with Battle Chess 4000. Apparently the game freezes after a while every time. Now I never got far enough to see it freeze (I usually got checkmated pretty quickly), but lately I have been getting pretty far, and EVERY FREAKING TIME IT FREEZES!!!!!! I am really getting pissed off with this whole Battle Chess thing, as I have had no luck at all Angry . Anyhoo, if anyone knows what's wrong please let me know.

Reply 1 of 5, by Farfle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a little more info on the problem. At first, what would happen is the game wouldn't actually freeze, but at a certain point, as the character moved, a rectangle or box would appear over the character filled with many different colored dots, and as the pieces moved, it got worse. Now when I play it, it just freezes. What I did do though, is I saved the game before it froze, and loaded the file, and the game continued past the point where it had previously frozen, however later in the game that colored dot filled box appeared (not really a box, just a bunch of colored dots arrange in a box-like shape). Anyhoo, I also noticed that the other DOSbox window was saying something, but I don't remember what it was. This only happened when the game froze, not when the multicolored dot box appeared. I will soon post what the other window is saying, but for now, I think that's enough. Please remember that you are dealing with a computer dunce (well, I know a thing or two) so please try and give me a simple explanation, no technical stuff please. Thanks.

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

*Moved to DOSBox Games/Apps *

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He is a MODERATOR. He just moved your post to a proper location, because you posted it at the wrong place... 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)