VOGONS

First post, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I run The Incredible Machine and get a password, the colors get inverted if I stay in the password screen too long. Then they stay inverted and slightly altered until I close the game. Anyone got any idea idea what this could be? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything about it. I have the same problem with several other games, but those invert problems seem to appear more random, but most of the time when the screen isn't changing.

Could this maybe be video card related?

Reply 2 of 7, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Windows XP
Nvidia NForce2 onboard with 64 MB memory
Not quite sure what you mean by output method, but I think you mean normal2x?
Screen resolution is 1280x1024

Oh, and my PC has an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor running at 2,08 GHZ and 512 Megs of ram

Hope this helps, thanks in advance

Reply 5 of 7, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Funny thing. Try downloading the latest video drivers. Your video card works fine in other programs, like modern games?
Are you using the latest dosbox version? I surely don't get that effect here...

Reply 6 of 7, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I never played any modern games on this machine, I am not that much of a game player actually. I just like some of the old games, and it was fun to try to get them to work. I currently have 276 games up and running, including Fifa Soccer International by the way, which I will explain later, cause I seem to be the first. But anyways, that graphics glitch seems to be my only problem left. So I hope I can fix that as well, would be nice. I am trying to update my video-card drivers now. I'll get back to you when I've tested that.

Reply 7 of 7, by digitalmea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GREAT, it works! THANX! I downloaded the new drivers and I didn't have any problems anymore whatsoever! I'll write something about how to get, Fifa International soccer, Death Rally, and probably some others, running probably this afternoon.