VOGONS

First post, by Pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody had any luck getting Jet Fighter II to work under Dosbox? It just seems to freeze before entering flight no matter what I do. I suspect (this may be weak) that it is making an attempt to access some memory (possibly video) that is unavailable. I believe this is true because I used to have to clean boot to get it to work when I played it on a native system.

Regards,

Pan

Reply 2 of 6, by Pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems impossible to get the game working under the current Dosbox version. I think the game tries to access some video memory that Dosbox does not emulate. The game does work under QEMU and Bochs but unfortunately very slowly, since those environments aren't designed for games.

Reply 4 of 6, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, that game is not SVGA. It runs in VGA but has even support for CGA. When run in debug build it complains a lot about unimplemented interrupt 6 and unimplemented opcode F. It is possible that those are secondary problems and something else triggers them. Well, looks like prime candidate for "games that don't work" thread.

Reply 6 of 6, by Pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Disabling sound seems to have no effect. On my current copy of Dosbox, it seems to alternatively either freeze or exit with the error "Exit to error: CPU:GRP5:Illegal Call 7".

I'll add the game to the broken thread along with another one I noticed.