VOGONS

First post, by ]--Freeman--[

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings!

I have run an old version of US NAvy Figthers and works fine. The problem is the joystick jumps. I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick with the usb adapter connected. This jumps happens when I leave it stopped and centred.
In spite of this, I can play more or less but fucks 😠 a lot when I have to aim enemy aircrafts.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

Reply 1 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Tie it down with Gaffa tape?

* duck and cover *

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 6, by ]--Freeman--[

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To Minimax: I've tried with Gaffa tape but doesn't work 😜. I also have thought to glue it on the table or to stick it with chewing gum but the table would be very very very filthy 😁.

To Pusher: Yes I've calibrated it three times but with the same results. If I don't calibrate it, the aircraft control will become crazy and will begin to turn round. This is a little strange because Dosbox identify fine the sidewinder...
I'll try with other game (may be X-Wing) to see if I have the same trouble. But, if anyone knows what happens, don't doubt to post it 😀.

Thanks for the help!!

Reply 4 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Testing a different game sounds like a great idea to be able to isolate the problem. Keep us posted. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 6, by ]--Freeman--[

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, me too. But I resolved it increasing the mouse sensivity in the dosbox config file up to 550. Although I would put more (600 or 650). You have to do some proofs to see what value do you like it 😀. First, try this.
The mouse slowing may be caused for a high resolution. In 1024x768, the game run slower (I have in 800x600). I think the graphic card emulated by dosbox is too slower for this game (correct me if I mistake).
Also you can try disable some textures like the terrain or the ocean or low the quality of these. Like I've said before, do proofs up to the image game like to you.

I expect this help you. 😁

Today, I'll run X-Wing to see what happen.

See you!:P