VOGONS

First post, by Bdogg_McCoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run UFO Defense ver. 1.0 on Mac OS X but every time I try to run it it tells me that it must be run under Win32. What does this mean and how do I fix the problem?

Reply 2 of 5, by Bdogg_McCoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks, I was able to find a dos version and i got it to run, however, it runs very slowly. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting it to run faster. I have Mac OS X ver. 10.3.8 and I am running a G4 1.3 Ghz processor.

Reply 4 of 5, by ouchmouth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same trouble on a Mac...were you able to find a place to download the Dos version? I have the Gold version CD, but obviously that won't work. I tried downloading it from Abandonia...but apparantly that's the windows version too...any idea where I can download the DOS version?

Reply 5 of 5, by ouchmouth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind...I finally broke down and bought an old computer to play some of my older games on. X-Com works fine. Though I'm still having trouble with a few others...namely Wing Commander 3 (maybe my computer isn't old enough) and Fallout 1 (though 2 works fine). I'll probably post these on another topic, though. Thanks!