VOGONS

First post, by willem169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've tried to find people who have the same problem as I do, but didn't find them. I've also tried to find solutions for my problem within this forum with no results. This is my problem: As I start Pinball Fantasies under DosBox on my 17" Powerbook, everything works great with the right ajustments, everything except the RIGHT flipper.

In other pinball games the exact same problem.
I don't know where to search for the cause of this problem.

The problem occures with the laptop keyboard itself AND with my Bluetooth keyboard, so I figured out that it's not the keyboard, but maybe the settings within the OS. I have no clue where to search. Does anybody have a tip for me? Thanks in advance!

PS.
Keep up the good work @ DosBox!

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Apparently something is interfering with the key the pinball games use for the right flipper and the key you press (or is that always a different key?).

Maybe you can use the keymapper to assigne another key to this game. Load the Dosbox Readme and look for Keymapper part.

Reply 4 of 4, by 3803

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've used to play Pinball Fantasies back then and I'm pretty sure I used left and right shift keys like in some other Pinball games.

I've played this game in Dosbox on a x86 machine about a year ago and it worked fine, except for a bit of flickering...which might have been solved by now. The flickering was the reason why I've played it only once in Dosbox.