VOGONS

First post, by ShermDog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having two problems with Command & Conquer on Dosbox running Mac OSX 10.3.9. They don't occur together, rather it's one or the other:

1. When installing the game, I get the following message: "Unable to load SETUP.MIX file from CD-ROM disc."

2. I was successful in installing the game using Petit Dosbox--in fact, I got all the way through the installation process (e.g., settings, soundcard, etc.). However, when I try to start the game, Dosbox crashes.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If your using DosBox v0.63 then you'll need to use DOS32a instead of DOS4GW if your using Dynamic core otherwise the game will not work.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
ShermDog wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but where would I get DOS32a for Mac OSX, or activate it using DOSBox .63?

There are several threads here at VOGONS that mentions DOS32A. In fact I think there is an announcement thread, started by the programmer behind DOS32a, somewhere - complete with details on where to get it, and how to use it inside DOSBox.

Edit: All about DOS32A here:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?page=dos32a

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions