VOGONS

First post, by tomexplodes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hitting F5 during gameplay in Freddy is supposed to swap the CGA palette back and forth from cool to warm, at least that's how it worked on PCjr a million years ago. With the freeware (yes really) DOS version I found, it's listed in the menu, but the key does nothing. I'm using Dosbox ECE, a specific version number that escapes me, the last one with pixel perfect mode. I'm not sure the version I'm using matters, but if it does I will try and be more specific. Does anyone know why I can't change the colors? Thank you!

EDIT: I discovered it works if I switch the machine type to CGA, which is fine, if I make it a standalone launch, but I like using DOSBox as a fake DOS environment for many games. So I have a simple solution, but if anyone knows how to make it work in SVGA_S3 mode, please let me know. THAT IS ALL. THANK YOU.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, putting it in PCjr mode is just the way to go to get the PCjr sound and music, and the palette swapping. I dunno how one would do it otherwise. If anybody else wants the best experience, just do that. I will just leave this here for no reason. Bye!

1.) MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium 233mhz, 32mb RAM, S3 Trio64, Sound Blaster Pro 2
2.) Windows 98SE with Unofficial SP3, AMD Athlon 1.3ghz, 768mb RAM, Geforce 4 MX 440 64mb AGP, Sound Blaster Live! Value