VOGONS

First post, by YamiDragoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so guys, hi.. i'm new here ^^

i love dark sun 1&2 and das schwarze auge..

i got dark sun 1 (shattered lands) working.. but without the intro, without the videos and without music..
does anyone know how to get the intro and music working with dosbox? i don't know how to put the sound-configs.. i made it work once but then i've messed it up by clicking the sound.bat.. now i don't get the intro and no music.. *sighs*

dark sun 2 (wake of the ravager) doesn't work.. even if i mount my cdrom drive with -cdrom and install it from the cdrom in dosbox.. does anyone know how to install dark sun 2 from the cd and get it work in dosbox? (i would prefer to get the videos and music working)

and how may i install "das schwarze auge - schicksalsklinge" (i didn't try dsa 2 and 3 yet) to make it work too?
it starts, when i use dosbox to open it.. but it doesn't find any sound card.. and so it messes up at the beginning where you choose a sound card..

so please help me
(and yes, i've read the old posts with dark sun and dsa.. but that didn't help me well.. so please no "search function" tips)

Reply 1 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

a) I cannot help myself - DS 1,2 were discussed before. Search and try again. Remember to mount CD ROMs correctly (use -ioctl for DS2 - otherwise intro will be broken) and to configure sound correctly.

b) DSA 1 (Realms of Arkania 1). Delete old sound cfg (I think by running sound.bat). Start the game and configure sound...
Remember that the SB values in sound setups match SB settings in DOSBOX.CONF.

c)If you have still problems, then post one game per thread, with *PRECISE* description what you did. But I think that if do over what you did carefully one more time it will probably work.
All of these things work without any problems.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 4, by YamiDragoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok thx.. i've understood the -ioctl thing now..
now that i've mounted my cdrom the right way.. it works perfectly.. nice music, perfect quality, videos running super..

but still i would like to know how i need to config the sound of dark sun 1 to let the videos and music/sound work right.. 😀

if you could tell me that, i would be really happy ^^
i love dosbox, thank you for that great program..
the dos games are much better than the new 3d games 😁

thank you 😀

p.s.: sry if i don't use the search function well enough.. but i'm not so good in using forums ^^

Reply 3 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
YamiDragoon wrote:

but still i would like to know how i need to config the sound of dark sun 1 to let the videos and music/sound work right.. 😀

a) Did you use sound cfg. utilitity (I do not remember now: setup.exe or something like that)?
b) I hope you do not have some ripped version without sound and video...

Mirek

Reply 4 of 4, by YamiDragoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

no i have the original cd versions, just patched them with the 1.1 patches from dlh.net

and.. yes, there is a sound.bat but i don't know what sound config i shall use.. he finds most of the sound cards, but still the music and videos won't work..