VOGONS

First post, by Christopher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am getting a very strange read/write error message when I try to play this game. The thing is, the game starts up fine, goes through the first few screens and goes past the moving image intro fiine but when it gets to the main menu just after the moving image intro a read/write error pops up, not in DosBox, but in the command line window DosBox opens.
I was wondering if anyone else had come across a problem like this with any other game.

Information on Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure - CDRom game, needs CDRom emulated bc reads from CD during game, installs to C:\Relent directory, S3 compatible, SB16 compatible

Error message: Illegal Read from ********** (disappears too fast to write down)
Illegal Write from ********** (same place as read message)

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't have the first game but in the second one I have to choose S3 graphics card in the game setup to get it to run properly.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by Christopher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Don't have the first game but in the second one I have to choose S3 graphics card in the game setup to get it to run properly.

I've chosen S3 in the setup menu for Relentless and it gives me the message that everything is going okay (with all the other cards it wouldn't even start) and the graphics and sound work fine until that first menu. I'm beginning to think that DOS4GW that is packaged with Relentless has a bug and it is coming out when it is used in conjunction with DosBox, seeing as how every other DOS game I own works fine with DosBox.