VOGONS

First post, by santoii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi,
first at all. I have a PC Pentium4 2.8 Mhz, 512 DDR, 32 mb SIS video card and Soundmax (Intel Motherboard Int. Sound) Im running on Windowxs XP.

All the game I had played by far under DOSBOX are runnig ok and with sound, same occurrs using VDMSound, but recently I try to run Quarantine.
- In DOsBox I got perfect timing, the game run very smooth but without sound. Itried several configurations but nothing happened.
- Using VDMSound I got sound but the game run very fast and crash after 10 secs of play (driving the car in the game).

I'm using Dos4gw 1.95 and I think is the CD Version of the game, but not really sure about that... anyway I have read that everybody play the game fne, so... any body can help me to figure it out?.. I would pefer the option of the dosbox because of the smootness of the gameplay.. thanx!!!

Andres

Reply 1 of 2, by santoii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
santoii wrote:
hi, first at all. I have a PC Pentium4 2.8 Mhz, 512 DDR, 32 mb SIS video card and Soundmax (Intel Motherboard Int. Sound) Im ru […]
Show full quote

hi,
first at all. I have a PC Pentium4 2.8 Mhz, 512 DDR, 32 mb SIS video card and Soundmax (Intel Motherboard Int. Sound) Im running on Windowxs XP.

All the game I had played by far under DOSBOX are runnig ok and with sound, same occurrs using VDMSound, but recently I try to run Quarantine.
- In DOsBox I got perfect timing, the game run very smooth but without sound. Itried several configurations but nothing happened.
- Using VDMSound I got sound but the game run very fast and crash after 10 secs of play (driving the car in the game).

I'm using Dos4gw 1.95 and I think is the CD Version of the game, but not really sure about that... anyway I have read that everybody play the game fne, so... any body can help me to figure it out?.. I would pefer the option of the dosbox because of the smootness of the gameplay.. thanx!!!

Andres

Sorry, I found the solution by my own... I was using the worng SOundblaster, You have to select "Soundblaster" or "Soundblaster PRO", the others soundblaster doesn't work... thanx anyway..

Reply 2 of 2, by Hosehead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The CD movies for Quarantine require the duck truemotion codec to run, but it doesn't look like the duck site supports that any more. Any idea on where to find that codec?

"Be Quick, Or Be Hosed!"