VOGONS

First post, by Annie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😢
Hi,
I am definitely new to the DOSBOX program and am having great difficulties in getting Gobliiins to work. I have done some reading on the newbie guide as well as reading through other posts but cannot seem to get it to work.

So far this is what I've tried:

mount C "C:\oldgames"
mount D "E:\" -t cdrom
Z:> D:
D:> install

(note my CD rom drive is E)
which is fine up to this point, it asks me whether I want to install it on drive C so i click yes.
but it is already installed so it just installs it again (i.e replaces it). and then goes to a bland screen.

I don't quite know where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Reply 3 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah it works. Tried the latest CVS last night of ScummVM. If your computer is real slow like 400mhz it's faster on the host system.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 7, by Annie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the suggestion 😀

I added -iotcl and it seemed to work, however once installed, it just went to a blank screen that didn't seem to go anywhere. How do I actually run the game?

Previous attempts at running the game have also led to the blank screen.

Reply 7 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All three of the Gobliiins games seem to work well with VDMSound, if you use it with SAPUCDEX. The Coktel Vision CD games (with the audio CD sound) can have problems in DOSBox. This is why the ScummVM news is so welcomed.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers