VOGONS

First post, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run a shooter called Future Dimension and I am running it with DOSBox 0.63, I already ran the setup and configured the game. Now, I am trying to run the game and I get:
No CD-ROM drive found or MSCDEX.EXE not present!
The game does not even start up. I can not find a way to fix this.

Reply 2 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I forgot to say I use D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend so it simplifies the commands. I do not have to have the CD. It is a CD rip version. I did not have to emulate it or do anything when I had Win ME. I do not understand why it's asking for a CD because it has already been ripped and cracked.

Reply 3 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read the help at DOSBOX and this is what it says for Future Dimension: Use mount -t cdrom to avoid MSCDEX problem. In setup, if you choose Sound Blaster Pro, use 11Khz mixing, else sound is scratching
How do I do that? I need some steps for that, please. I want to get rid of MSCDEX problem so how do I do the mounting?

Reply 4 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I do not use D-Fend, so I don't know how mounting drives is accomplished using it. Anyway, just mount a cd drive under D-Fend.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally found how to mount it. All I had to do was type in: mount E "F:\" -t cdrom

I want to know how to make DOSBox and/or D-Fend v2 do this automatically every time only for this game, Future Dimension because I have to mount it everytime I want to play.

Reply 7 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are you sure that does it for only one game? I only want it to mount for one game known as Future Dimension. If I put something in autoexec it will mount for all games? I think the games won't work right if I do that.

Reply 8 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Then either:

1) Create different dosbox.conf files for each game, and tell DOSBox to use the game-specific configuration.

or

2) Create a game-specific profile in D-Fend and tell D-Fend to use the game-specific configuration.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 10 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Joeyxp2 wrote:

I already did create a game-specific profile for every game. What I want to know is how to make it automatically mount. I tried putting it in the parameters but it still won't work.

Are you talking about D-Fend profiles? If so, please look at the forum name...

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions