VOGONS

First post, by Mad Man

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm running the latest version of DosBox 0.63. I have a 1.4Ghz CPU and 512MB of ram under Windows XP.

The game runs incredibly slow and sound FX do not work (no voices, gunfire, etc.). I've tried playing around with different DosBox settings but I havent been able to find a solution for either. What do I need to do to make this game run properly?

Reply 2 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

frameskip
dynamic core
DOS32A
Ctrl F11/F12
different rendering outputs specifically surface or overlay

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by Duncan Idaho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Or consider picking up the 3D enhanced Xwing Collectors Series at Amazon.com, it'll give you Windows 3D enhanced versions of both Xwing and Tie Fighter for around 20 bucks. Can't beat it, and it looks awesome compared to the original, (the original Xwing is one of my all time favorite games, and the 3D enhanced version is probably the best remake of a game ever!).
I love DOS-BOX, but sometimes it's worth looking at other options, and this may be one of those times, you be the judge. 😉

Reply 4 of 5, by Mad Man

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Or consider picking up the 3D enhanced Xwing Collectors Series at Amazon.com, it'll give you Windows 3D enhanced versions of both Xwing and Tie Fighter for around 20 bucks. Can't beat it, and it looks awesome compared to the original, (the original Xwing is one of my all time favorite games, and the 3D enhanced version is probably the best remake of a game ever!).
I love DOS-BOX, but sometimes it's worth looking at other options, and this may be one of those times, you be the judge.

😳 🙄 😲

Thank you!