VOGONS

First post, by Trinity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well to start i am going to do the little check list for posting about needing help.

1. Motherboard: i just moved not sure where the box is to tell you
2. Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1400+
3. RAM: 512 MD PC133 SDRAM
4. Video: Nvidia Riva TNT2 32MB AGP Graphics
5. Sound: AOpen 6-channel
6. OS: Windows 2000 with service pack 4
7. Game Name: Ultimate Domain
8. Problem description: durring installation any drive is choose is an invalid hdd

9. Repetativity: everytime
10. sound mode: not sure
11. video mode: not sure
12. Version of emulator: DOSbox .63
13. Step attempted: well first I just tried to install off the CD but was given and EMS error. to get that to go away I mounted the CD and tried to install that way and was unable to get to the install. then I dumped the CD onto my hdd and then mounted the drive that I had placed it and ran the install again. then with that I got back to the same error that the hdd chosen is an invalid hdd.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try this for starters:

60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by Trinity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes i do mount a drive.

i started with ...

mount c d:\oldgames

then ....

mount d f:\ -t cdrom -ioctl

so i had tried those steps. it must just be something to do with the game. because it always starts the install that wasn't the issue. i was wondering if i had done something wrong because when you get to the step in the install to choose your drive c:\domain is an invalid hard disk drive and i need to choose a different hard disk and path. that is what it has been and still tells me. so if you can't think of anything else i am going to mark it an issue with the game itself.

thanks for the suggestions 😀