VOGONS

First post, by Wolf5

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, 😀

I did download DOSBox but my game (Fading Footsteps) don't start. 😐
I think is the application who do not want start because when I write "mount c C:/Jeux/DOSBox-0.63/jeux", "C:" and "footstep.exe", I've got this message : "This program cannot be run in DOS mode."
I did try to modify parameters of the application to find "always authorize this program to run in DOS mode", but no success. 😒
What I can do for my game start ? 😦
Please help me, I've already posted in other forums, but no answers.
That's all ! 😁
I'm waiting your answers, and I'm sorry if you don't understand me because I'm french and I can't talk and write English perfectly. 😖

Wolf5

Wolf5

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bonjour Wolf5, welcome to this forums.

Your fading footsteps game is already telling you it's a Windows application. No chance in running it using DOSBox.

DOSBox is just intended for running MS-DOS applications.

You should try running the game natively under Windows and if you are using W2000 or XP, you should try using some compatibility mode. In order to do this, right-click on the executable for the game and select a compatibility option (if these compatibility options don't appear for you under Windows2000 you may need to install some patch/upgrade first).

Bon chance. Keep us posted. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We need a sticky post in the DOSBox forum(s) titled "this program cannot be run in DOS mode" that explains this, because we're getting several posts a week on it.