Rank

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra 939

Processor type and speed: AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Amount and type of RAM: 1 GB Corsair

Video board w/ RAM amount and type: Powercolor Radeon XT800 256MB

Sound board: SB Audigy 2

Operating system: winXP Pro SP2

Game name (and version, if applicable): Aethra Chronicles v1.0b

Desc of Problem: the mouse cursor will appear when the game starts, but when it goes to the next menu of the game it will disappear, then the next one it will be back again!

The problem happens every time i start the game and begin making new characters.

Sound mode used:
type=sb16
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

resolution of game: 640*480

DOSBox v0.63
I have searched thru all the mouse posts on this forum.
I have tried using the ctrl-f10 option and this does not return the cursor, and i have tried chaning the resolution of the game using the 'fullresolution=' property in dosbox.conf file as well as changing the mouse autolock option.
The strange thing is that it has the same problem using vdm sound v2.1.0 aswell. The game used to work fine when i played it years ago in pure dos 6.22 so it aint that
BTW, to get rid of a runtime 200 error when i started the game originally i needed to patch it using tppatch, an error caused with turbo pascal programs and fast pc's, dunno if including this helps at all?
The game is avail at the-underdogs.org to download if ya want to try it on your pc.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 7, by hardwareBob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my appologies in the description of the above problem, i better clarify that it continues to appear and reappear from menu to menu while creating characters and when playing the game when moving to new parts of the map

Reply 2 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I played the Chronicles of Aethra long, long ago. Too bad it was left unfinished. 😒

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 7, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Confirmed with latest CVS. It does some funny EGA register/INT 10 stuff as far as I can see. Can't go deeper right now due to lack of time, sorry.

Reply 4 of 7, by hardwareBob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the quick replys! Yeah it was a pity the game was never finished, i only ever had the shareware version though so never completed the full version quests, now the full ver is on underdogs.
I'll have to look into this CVS program, i've never heard of it, thanks moe

Reply 6 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
`Moe` wrote:

Confirmed with latest CVS. It does some funny EGA register/INT 10 stuff as far as I can see. Can't go deeper right now due to lack of time, sorry.

EGA RIL probably.
Not very difficult to implement (I created the framework for it sometime ago. )(to fix atrain).

Will add this game to the way-too-long to do list

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!