VOGONS

First post, by mbrittb00

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I thought I would pull out my old copy of X-wing and give it a try. The problem is that the buttons my Joystick are not working. The X and Y axes of the joystick work great, but not any of the buttons or the Z-Axis. I also have a Nostromo n50 that dosn't seem to be working either. Both of these devices are plugged into my USB port. When I initially start up DosBox it dose recognize that they are there and gives the correct information for each. They just don't work the way they are supposed to in the game.

One other small tid bit. At some point (while playing the game) the trigger goes from doing nothing to acting like the "s" key.

Here is my current setup:

Dos Box 0.63 "out of the box" no mods.
Windows XP Home
Wingman Attack 2 Joystick
Nostromo N50

Thanks.

Reply 5 of 7, by mbrittb00

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I have a "fix" for this problem. Apparently if both the Nostromo and the Joystick are plugged in when I start Dos Box, Dos Box gets consufed. Even thought it "registers" that they are there, they don't operate properly.

For the heck of it, I tried starting Dos Box with only the Joystick plugged and it worked, so then I plugged in the Nostromo (while Dos Box was running) and they both worked.

Maybe this is something that can be worked out in a later release of Dos Box.

Britt

P.S. Great Product.

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm dosbox at the moment only supports one joystick
not sure how it will behave if there are more

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!