VOGONS

First post, by toolstinkfist462

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all.

First off: I admit, I am a total newb when it comes to DosBox and D-fend so please bear with me.

I am trying to run Crusader No Regret on WinXP Pro using DosBox 0.63 and D-Fend v2. I have installed the game into my E: drive (E:\CRUSADER). The CD is mounted to a virtual drive (H) using Daemon Tools.

Right now, using D-Fend, I have a profile for this game set up so that E:\CRUSADER is mounted to C drive and the CD for the game (which, again, was mounted with Daemon Tools to H) was mounted as D drive.

When I try to run the game (DosBox attempts to run it from E:\CRUSADER) it tells me that it cannot find the CD.

I am making sure that Daemon Tools is running before I try to run this game but it still won't work. Maybe it's something I didn't set up properly in D-Fend/Dosbox?

Any help appreciated. Thanx 😀

Reply 1 of 1, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are tons and tons of threads on the Crusader games, but here are some specific responses to your post that I can think of:
- DOSBox supports mounting CD images directly, so you actually don't have to do it in Daemon Tools first. I don't know how to set it up in D-Fend though, as I don't use D-Fend myself.
- You probably need to mount the CD with advanced options, which are listed in DOSBox's readme file (look for -used, -ioctl, etc.)
- Did you install the game from within DOSBox? If you didn't then the game may be looking for the CD or the game directory on the wrong drive letter or directory name.