VOGONS

Bards tale

Topic actions

First post, by bell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it possible to save your game of Bards Tale I using Dos box??

I am sure it must be I just cannot work it out.

Thanks in advance for your help

Stephen

Reply 2 of 4, by bell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No

I am running the programme using dos box. for the bards tale II you can save it by pressing S during the game and can load the game from the adventurers guild

For the bards tale I all I can do is save the party in the adventurers guild. However this doesn't save the game as all parties still have dead characters etc.

I am sure I am doing something stupid and you can?

Thanks for any help

Reply 3 of 4, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Saving in Bard's Tale has always been a bit strange. I can only talk about the C64-version, because that's what I have played, but essentially the save feature is only usable as "I want to continue when I get back from school", not like "I want to restart the game here if my party gets killed"

Reply 4 of 4, by Lochmacher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You have to re-enter the original Tavern and then quit and save (should be in options there). It is called, "Save Party" and is VERY essential, as the game is TOUGH. Anytime (though mostly at night) you can get brutalized!! by a monster that is way too strong 😀 If you have the original map (rare) or the more common pdf version that was re-released, it helps ALOT. DO NOT proceed without one, as you will be repeating your first few steps again, and again, and again. If you do flub it up, start a new party for the mulla (money) as a once dead party (even on a restart) does not garner the money and has a greatly reduced chance of survival. Also, I highly recommend Wasteland, as it improves on the already decent gameplay and makes for a --sometimes-- easier game.