VOGONS

First post, by Lab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I need to be told by someone who will be willing to take 2 minutes (someone who has Alone In The Dark) to start his "install.exe" (doesnt have to actually install the game but just to browse the install menu)

in order to describ to me in details in which menu page is the soundcard choices (for music AND for sound effects) AND of course to tell me in wich order they are displayed...

exemple: ok, you have this page where you see 3 drop down menu, the first is for music, the second is for sounds effects...in the music drop down menu, the first one is X soundcard, the second is Y soundcard...etc...

My demand sounds odd but the reason is that when I install the game I cannot read the text in the menu pages (I have weird text, like numbers, upside down question marks...)

So, when I install, I leave as is (default) but since I dont know what is by default, I have problems setting my dosbox.conf config file (about the soundcard settings...)

Please, if someone could take 2 minutes just to browse his AITD install menu...?

Thanx in advance!

Lab

Reply 1 of 3, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Lab,

My version of AITD does not have an installer/setup tool, but you might just be needing this:

http://www.bttr-software.de/fix8x14/

Regards,

Ronald

Reply 3 of 3, by Lab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

say, by the way,

you say you have AITD...does it works well (playing with DOSBox?)

have you ever had a sort of "lagg" when the game loads the sound effects?
(like when the character walks, each steps make a sound on the floor, right, mine makes the game lagg for about a second, each time the character makes a step...)

Annoying...

Lab