VOGONS

First post, by Ice1384

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey peeps. Im having a huge problem. Ive been trying to ply this game for so long. I have on my old computer but now that i have a new one with Windows XP it wont work. It says something about MS-DOS. The game is called Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I downloaded it of the net a couple of days ago. Can anybody help me with this problem ?? Ive also downloaded DOSBOX and i dont really understand that program. I searched lots of results to how to use DOSBOX and i follow those instructions and it still wont work.
PLZZZZ

Thanx

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1. Post the error or problem that you are having better as far as I know Warcraft 1 works fine in XP.
2. Downloading Warcraft 1 without paying for it is illegal....therefore DON'T DO IT.
3. You shouldn't need DosBox to play Warfract 1 in XP. You are probably receiving the "16-bit subsystem" error. Man I wish MS would get off their asses and fix it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by Ice1384

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i will buy it but the Error that gives me when i try to start is
16bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\War.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Applications. Choose ' Close" to terminate the application.

Close Ignore

WOuld u need a nything else??

Thanx