VOGONS

First post, by Ondrew

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all...
Pls, I'm a really newbie in DOSBox and other emulators (or utilities). I have worked in MSDOS ages ago, but now -- with this emulators -- I don't have a luck 😢
I have tried to run Gobliiins CD version (1.02) with DOSBox 0.63 but I don't know all the syntax/parameters, it looks difficult to me 🙁.
Can anybody help me with this? Maybe writing of the parameters I have to use will help (PM if you consider it better). Btw, is there some detailed manual for DOSBox parameters and its use? I have seen you have mentioned VDMSound + sapucdex, too but I have no idea how can I use it with Gobliiins, for example.
Pls, help me if you can... I'm a really "old-school games" fan but this emulators... pfffff 😖. Anyway, DOSBox looks pretty cool (Terminator: Future Shock works fine with the latest version). Big thx to its authors.

Thx in advance for your help. 😀

Timeo lectorem unius libri.

Reply 1 of 4, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All the commands are described in the included readme file. The config file parameters are described in the dosbox.conf file itself. There's also the FAQ linked from the DOSBox homepage.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Download the latest ScummVM CVS. Dunno if Goblins is completeable but it does work.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 4, by Ondrew

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx for help. It seems the CD version of Gobliiins (it's the same with the G 2 and 3) really don't work in DOSBox (floppy version does). But I've tried the ScummVM CVS (thx for the tip!) and it was a good idea. Gobliiins are working under that but it's very slow and the sound is out of sync.
As I see, CD versions of the oldies are a little bit problematic for the emulators.
Thx again, dudes 😀

Timeo lectorem unius libri.

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can try to rip the audio track to an ogg on your hard drive for use with ScummVM. This seems to fix some of the same problems with Loom CD.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers