VOGONS

First post, by Keikogi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I noticed this on Privateer and Privateer 2 also. When im in a window everything is normal brightness and looks good, but when I goto fullscreen everything is darker and hard to see. (with privateer being in space and all, dark is not good) My monitor sucks and I have my brightness and contrast set to as bright as it can be and I still have to force brightness with my Nvidia drivers. Anybody know of anyway to make it brighter other then changing my settings in my drivers? Thanks for any help.

Reply 1 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You could open it up and adjust the internal brightness setting on the flyback transformer. Not recommended if you don't have experience playing with the insides of electronics, since there are parts inside of CRTs that get charged into the tens of thousands of volts.

http://www.eio.com/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_tvfaq3.html#TVFAQ_004

I've greatly improved the brightness and/or focus of at least 4 old monitors this way.

Reply 2 of 4, by Keikogi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ehh..I really dont know much about monitors. It wont let me force the brightness for this at all. Its like it uses a whole different display or somthing. I guess I could buy a new monitor..this ones about 5 years old. I was hoping there was a way to do it by tweaking something.. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

pwned

Reply 3 of 4, by Keikogi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I fixed it. I used D-Fend and changed the display mode to overlay. Now its working great. Thanks for the help HunterZ but im not that advanced 🤣..

pwned