VOGONS

First post, by Hobbe

User metadata

1. After installing WFW 3.11 from Dosbox, I get the following error as I try to make it boot: "Unsupported extended memory driver" and something like "remove it from config.sys".

2. When installing Win95 or 98 (no matter the version) from Dosbox and after bypassing the crash which occurs while your components are being checked out, I get the following error and no file can be copied to my HD:

"Generic installer Error

Error SU99405

UpdateInis= processimg error.
[0x195]"

I did a research and several causes have been considered; from overclocked processors and damaged ini files to skipping the scandisk before going on with the installation (actually it could be it, I just avoided it via /is because it won't work from Dosbox)

I'm running:

Pentium 4 2ghz
1024 ram
WinXP Pro + SP1
The latest CVS compile from http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/dosbox.htm over an existing DOSBox 0.63 and using the default settings (increasing or decreasing cycles didn't make a difference other than affecting the speed as it's supposed to do).

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've heard that you have to run it as win /b (I think). Also, you may need to play with the EMS and/or XMS settings in your dosbox.conf. Playing with the core setting may also be necessary.

Reply 2 of 4, by Hobbe

User metadata
HunterZ wrote:

I've heard that you have to run it as win /b (I think). Also, you may need to play with the EMS and/or XMS settings in your dosbox.conf. Playing with the core setting may also be necessary.

WIN /B doesn't help a thing, it simply writes a bootlog, perhaps you're referring to WIN /3 , which's spposed to start Windows in 386 enhanced mode (I'll give it a shot).

As for messing with dosbox.conf, I'll wait till someone can give me correct settings, but thanks for the hints.