VOGONS

First post, by equinor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Folks,

I recently downloaded ARENA from the Bethesda site and installed both it and DOSBox .63 as per the instructions included with the game download. Everything worked perfectly and I was happily playing ARENA just yesterday. But I tried to run ARENA just now and the mouse is not responding. In fact, I still see my mouse cursor from windows and can control that, but no mouse control within the game. It makes no difference wether I play in windowed or full screen mode. I've searched the forums but haven't found any info on this particular issue? Anyone else having a similar problem?

BTW, I am NOT using VDMsound.

Thanks in advance for any help! 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Erm... have you tried simply clicking inside the DOSBox window while Arena is active? DOSBox doesn't automatically capture the mouse.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try hitting ctrl+F10 (or set autolock=true in your dosbox.conf and DOSBox will take over the mouse cursor when you click on its window for the first time)

Reply 5 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In case it helps, I only just recently noticed that DOSBox tries to be smart about when to take control of the mouse. It only seems to let you give it control by clicking when you're running a game that has checked for the presense of a mouse.