VOGONS

First post, by dark2025

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I searched around a bit, but couldn't really get anything to help my problem. I wanted to play XCOM 3. I have the original DOS CD version, but I can't run it directly in windows XP, the command prompt just freezes when I run the game. Using DosBox 0.63 with the latest CVS build and the cd fix for the game (as suggested by a post somewhere here), it *almost* runs perfectly, with the exception of it freezing every 5 to 10 seconds. Seeing as how the sound and mouse both works (without VDMSound and Mouse2KV), I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Now I had another Windows 98 partition that I was using for Apocalypse for the last two or three days, but because of the apparent success of getting it to run in DosBox I removed it, simply because it's too much of a hassle to go back and forth from one partition to the other 🙁. I really want to find a way around this freezing problem since X-Com Apocalypse is an awesome game and I just want to play it again.

Oh I also tried using VMWare's virtual system to emulate Win98, but for some reason Apocalypse didn't work in the emulated Windows 🙁, so unless I want to install another partition I don't know what I'm going to have to do...

Last edited by dark2025 on 2005-07-19, 19:52. Edited 1 time in total.