VOGONS

First post, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there. I'm having trouble trying to get crimewave running. I am using dosbox 0.63 on windows xp sp2 under ntfs with an nvidia geforce 4000mx display card.
Every time I try to start up crime wave, I get to the bit where it asks me what display card to select, but then after I select the display card, the whole system slows down to a crawl.
and I mean the whole computer, not just dosbox. Can anyone help? I could attach the game in a .zip file so that other people can try it out.
Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Isn't Crime Wave one of those games using RealSound(tm) technology? You may have some problems with sound (slowdowns?) using DOSBox.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Deleted the attachment since as far as I know the game isn't free. The game is easily found on the net anyways for anyone that wants to troubleshoot the problem.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Crime Wave was one of the first VGA titles I tried in the eighties. On my mighty Amstrad PC2086 (8Mhz 8086 - PVGA1A 256KB vga).Most of my friends had Amigas 500 or PCs with CGA or Monochrome. When i first saw the digitised videos my jaw dropped to the floor. Other than that the game is pretty linear and plain boring.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)