VOGONS

First post, by boondocksaint20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the old Crusader Cd, and I mounted install.exe to my cd rom drive, D:\, using DosBox 0.63. When I run install.exe in dosbox, an error pops up:

----------------------------------------------------
Halted file MEMORY\CPROTMEM.C, line 1318
----------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me fix this? I am running Windows 2000 Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't have this game, but tons and tons of people ask about it here so my recommendation is to search the forums to see if this has been answered already.

Reply 3 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems like a protected memory error of some sort. Did you try disabling EMS/XMS/Both under DOSBox?. Moving to DOSBox, by the way...

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Edit dosbox.conf (a text file inside DOSBox folder) and search for some lines containing...

xms=true
ems=true

And change "true" to "false". Save changes and exit. Restart DOSBox.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 7, by boondocksaint20

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool, that worked in getting the Install screen up. But now, when I try to install it, it tells me I don't have enough hard drive space (On the top it says I have 0 megs space, when I have 76 gigs!!!).

How do you get past this problem?

Reply 7 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You may need to add a "-freesize whatever" parameter to the mount command that you use to mount your hard drive (without quotes, and replace "whatever" with the amount of megabytes you want DOSBox to report as being available). Check the game documentation or play around to find an amount that the installer will accept.