VOGONS

First post, by Kailieann

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run a somewhat obscure title called Stonekeep (Interplay, '95), and it seems to run perfectly, except for one slight detail.

Every time the cursor moves over an item, or either mouse button is clicked, the mouse jumps to the right side of the screen.

I've not had this problem in any of the other games I've tried to run, and I never had this problem with the game when I was running it pre-XP.

Any suggestions?

Also note that while the game in question is DOS-based, Interplay optimized it to run under Windows 95 (I could never get it to work properly in dos, for some reason), though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem at hand.

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm sounds interresting. Unfortunate I don't have the game, but it should be easely to debug what is happening there.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Kailieann: Did you see http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?s … earch=stonekeep?

For me, version 1.2 works flawlessly in Dosbox 0.63.

Good luck, regards,

Ronald

Reply 3 of 6, by Kailieann

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

*lightbulb* what kind of mouse are you using? Is it PS/2?
That page mentions using mouse drivers to fix the problem, yet strangely I can't seem to find any DOS-based drivers for a USB mouse <.<;

Reply 5 of 6, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi guys,

I can confirm the findings of milicognj. One thing I also noticed, is that the problem does not seem to occur if you startup Dosbox in fullscreen mode. Hope it works for you too!

Regards,

Ronald