VOGONS

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For some reason monster bash has an odd blue-ish hue. It only happens in any of the three monster bash episodes...no other games.

I've tried all kinds of different options but nothing helps. I'm using the latest AEP CVS build (http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/dosbox)

Here is what it looks like:

Attachments

• messup.JPG
    Filename
    messup.JPG
    File size
    68.17 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 9, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AEP CVS builds are somewhat behind, currently by more than one month. Can you check the latest experimental build from http://ykhwong.x-y.net/page.htm?
When I saw the description I thought it might be the same issue I've tripped on in my patch (missing one change to vga_attr.cpp during merge) but that should not be in any clean CVS build after 6/22. Current experimental build does not have it.

Reply 4 of 9, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This only seems to happen on the Apogee logo screen (which should be red on black). All the other screens in the game seem to be fine.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 5 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It happens everywhere, the title screen is the only place its normal.

As for your cvs..I just tried it and no games work at all...it just crashes back to the desktop upon running a game. 😮 The only reason I use AEP's CVS is because they seem to work best. Where is "moes" cvs? Link?

Is there something I'm missing because that one doesn't seem to work 🙁

EDIT - Ok it seems that dynamic core doesn't work at all in that build. When I set it to normal games ran in a window. However I couldn't get it to work full screen (once I hit alt-enter the thing bombs out when a game is run)

Also, there seems to be a bit more options than I'm able to see. 😅 I'm setting my games up with d-fend so this build's options will not be visible will they? 🙁

Reply 6 of 9, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some more options are configured by experimental patches.
You can manually add them to D-fend frontend. (compatible)

1) Install the latest version of DirectX & video card driver or
2) Change output devices (direct3d, openglnb, ...) or
3) set fullfxed=true, fullresolution=640x480

Reply 7 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank-you sir, my resolution was the issue. Although I just slid the new CVS files into the dosbox directory..attempted to run games and it was perfect! 😁

A few questions now: What new options need to be added to d-fend? Are there any options I should be aware of that are better/worse than the AEP builds? Currently it has fixed my monster bash error...as well as made the Hugo series playable!

Well you've made me happy. I'll be looking forward to your CVS builds from now on 😉

Reply 9 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know, I just normally don't use the other builds because I don't need their special features. I didn't realize they had bug fixes etc. 😅

Well I'm glad this was an easy to solve issue....I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with the settings at first.