VOGONS

First post, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there im trying to run Terra Nova on DosBox 0.63. Installation went well, Ive got Graphics, Sound etc all running fine. The Intro Videos and Main Menu work like a charm aswell, and I also get on the first map. However, after some seconds of gameplay, espacially when moving after setting a marker (but also if just moving around long enough without a marker), the game will just crash). The Game and dos/32a give out some debug info, ill attach screenshots of them. Ill also attach a screene of the dosbox console errors...

What I tried (with no avail):
Patched Game (from 1.08 to 1.09, english version).
Use CVS
Tried Normal and Dynamic Core
Use Dos/4gw and dos/32a
XMS & EMS on and off

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• terraerror.jpg
    Filename
    terraerror.jpg
    File size
    57.89 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • terraerror2.jpg
    Filename
    terraerror2.jpg
    File size
    36.66 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 6, by narech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Exception feb6cc00?! Right. The game installs its own exception handler; the exception report is screwed up, due to the same issue DOS/32A was having with Dark Forces (fixed now). Why it crashes (invokes whichever exception handler this is) in the first place is not clear. Does this happen with DOS/4GW? If yes, what is the error message?

Cheers,

- NK

Reply 2 of 6, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes it crashed with DOS/4GW atwell, so I installed DOS/32a then. I cant remember the error msg (assuming, there is one, im not sure... if i try this with cvs version, entire dosbox will crash, I think this also happened with dos4/gw).

Ill try out, but i dont have the time yet, got to go to military service now, be back tomorrow, will edit this post then... Thx for quick reply.

Reply 3 of 6, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, Ive tested it with DOS/4G, Dosbox will just randomly crash then (aswell soon after start of map). The entire program is just closed, so ive got no error msgs at all...

Hmm. would it be possible to log all Dosbox msgs (from the console) to a log file? I think it writes something down (begins with "Partial") but i cant read the entire msg before the window is closed (and yes, waitonerror is true). So a log file may help...

Reply 5 of 6, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm.. neither in 0.63 nor cvs this seems to work.. I do not have a section [log] in the .conf file and if I ad one, it still does not create the file...

However, for some unknown reason, it did not crash this time (with core dynamic and dos4gw... kinda unlogical)... well for the moment it seems to work (although a bit slow)... Ill keep you informed =)