VOGONS

First post, by vr041

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having just built a Retropie arcade machine, I've now started working on a Retropie 486/Pentium 1 emulation machine. However one thing I'm not 100% clear on is how images of multi-CD CD-ROM Games are meant to work. I was checking out this thread and I saw the command

Z:>imgmount d c:\mr2_cd1.iso c:\mr2_cd2.iso -t iso

I get that will map all those images to a shared drive letter, however I'm not sure how this all works in practice when a program wants to swap between CD-Roms, or in this case, ISOs/CUEs.

I did see from this FAQ, that pressing CTRL+F4 will manually swap between ISOs/CD-ROMs. This makes enough sense if we were talking about a game with 2-discs or ISOs, but I'm unclear as to how it all works when we're talking about more disks than that.

Is there something extra I need to be mindful of in terms of naming ISOs, etc, for retro setups without CD-Rom drives, or is the process more intuitive internally than I've giving it credit for?

Reply 1 of 1, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CTRL+F4 will just switch to the next iso in the order they have in the imgmount command line. So if your command looks like this
Z:>imgmount d c:\cd3.iso c:\cd4.iso c:\cd2.iso c:\cd1.iso -t iso
The first one #3 is mounted initially. Each press of CTRL+F4 will activate the next one so #4, then #2, then #1, then restart the cycle from #3 again etc