VOGONS

First post, by lola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thought that DOSBox would be the answer to my prayers but no such luck 😢

I am trying to play Beyond Time from DreamCatcher Interactive which is from "97 and requires Win95 or better (ha!) Their answer was simply this: run it on WIN 95. Thanks!

Currently I am running it on XP home on a DELL dimension L800rwith 192 RAM, SB Live!, Logitech Mouse but I have the same problem in the game with or without DOSBox.

The game loads, no problem, speed is fine, graphics are fine (in either system) it's when I get past the intro to the game, where I lose my cursor. I have already read the "read me" file and Ctrl + F10 doesn't work.

The strange thing is that if I keep clicking my mouse, it will register the moves but it is like I am blind cause I haven't got a clue where my cursor is!

Please help!

Beyond me!

Reply 1 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello.

First you say the game "needs Windows 95 or better to run" and then you say you use DOSBox to run it. That is rather confusing. Either the game is really an ms-dos game or it may have both executables (for ms-dos and windows).

Anyway, do you have your latest drivers for your mainboard/soundcard/videocard? Do you have latest Direct-X installed?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well if the mouse works and is not visible then it's a bug in dosbox.
try a cvs version to see if it works. (I fixed some visibilities issues in there)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!