VOGONS

Linux Mint, Baldurs Gate 2 hard copy

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by nutbolt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(If I am at the wrong site, plz direct me to right one. A bit confused by all the different programs out there. )

I have several original games(hard copies) Some I am able get to work. But, others I am having trouble with. Baldurs Gate 2+expansion, I have them as ISO. I used imgburn. It created four images
I have them Labeled as: BG2.ISO BG2CD2.ISO BG2CD3.ISO BG2CD4.ISO and BG2 ToB.iso (I do have it in .bin and .cue)
The three png's should show where I got to

The attachment vogons4.png is no longer available
vogons4.png
Filename
vogons4.png
File size
24.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I am lost on how to mount them all and then there is Caps verse non caps. After it is mount by IMGMOUNT, not sure where to go or what to type.
Any thought?

Basically, I'm lost!

side note
Also tried On Bosbox-x but wasn't able to get much further. It said it had no "label"

vogons5.png
Filename
vogons5.png
File size
18.33 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

(Hard copies: Icewind Dale 2, Diablo 1, 2, Warcraft 1,2,3, Shannara, Call of Duty 2, Fable, Disciples, The Battle for Middle Earth 2) Looking at the thrift stores for other games. Tired of needing to online to play a game.

Attachments

• boxbox-x.png
    Filename
    boxbox-x.png
    File size
    33.4 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Closed.
These are all Windows games except for WC1 and 2 (unless you are using WC2 Battle.net Edition) , DOSBox is for DOS games so you can use DOSBox for WC1 and WC2 if you want.
For DOS games on DOSBox questions create a thread concerning those games if you want help. For DOSBox-X post on the DOSBox-X github site.

For Windows games on Linux:
You'll need to use Wine to play most Windows games on Linux...well that ones that work in wine anyway.
These are also other applications on Linux to automate the usage of games with Wine if you don't want to do it manually.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline