VOGONS

eXoDOS 6 configuration

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Johnylyr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, can anyone help me understand how the global and per game dosbox configuration works on exodos 6?

There are some configuration questions that exodos asks both for global use and for each game you install and play but those questions are related to rendering/scaling etc and I would like to change the joystick type and I can not figure out which .conf file I should edit or whatever else might be needed.

My specific problem is with fifa 96 (haven't tried anything else yet) which runs perfectly fine including picking up my logitech F710 gamepad but it will not let me enable the ingame 4-button joypad option which forces me having to play the game with a 2 button mode which is not optimal for me. I tried adding

[joystick]
joysticktype=4axis

in every .conf file I could find it the exodos folders and in fifa 96 folder but the game still would not let me enable the 4-button joypad ingame option. I don't know if I am missing something, any suggestions welcome.

Just a side note, I do physically own the game and I was playing endless hours of it against my brother in our first pentium home computer back in 1996. Back then we had a pair of pacman 2 button gameport joysticks and the third button was automatically simulated by simultaneous pressing of buttons one and two but we were still missing the fourth button. I was hoping to manage enabling the 4-button joyapd option for player one and mapping the second gamepad to keyboard keys for player two.