VOGONS

First post, by Sandanjuu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You guys have been a ton of help with me with QFG4, so I thought I would ask about the other game I've had difficulty playing.

I've read in several places that some people manage to get TV running well in DosBox, my friend and I had a bit of nostalgia and decided to try it.

Unfortunately neither of us can get past 10fps (and bogs down when action occurs). This includes testing frameskip up until it starts becomming unplayable (8+)

Is there a setting, or feature we may be missing?

I've tried the dos extender but the game crashes when it changes to the cockpit view from the top-down spin in.

We both have top end PC's so I don't think that's the issue, or.. rather.. it is the issue, hah.

Thanks guys.

Reply 1 of 3, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try the dynamic core? On my (P4M 1.6Ghz) machine, I can get it to run very well at 40.000 cycles, but I'm not sure if it's particularly stable since I did not play the game much...

Regards,

Ronald

Reply 2 of 3, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I find it works quite well if you turn down the details from the game's options menu. I run it at 34,000 cycles with dynamic core. You are going to need a fast CPU for this one. 😅

Reply 3 of 3, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

While not TV, Fury 3 is very similar so if you can't manage to get a decent frame rate on TV you might want to look for it. Fury 3 was the Terminal Reality game published by Microsoft, very similar to TV but runs natively in Windows. I think I tried it a couple years ago on XP without any issues from what I remember.