VOGONS

First post, by dragerboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there to everyone, I'm new to this so please be patient. I'm looking into playing old PC games on my AMD2200 1Gig ram, Radeon Graphics etc. I've just bought 2 originals of the above games on CD-Rom. They don't seem to work on Xp in anyway.

I've downloaded Dosbox 0.63 but cannot get Dreams to work. It gets to the table selection screen but tries to boot up a table with the 3d graphics and just flicks back to the table selection screen. Any ideas?

Regards

Reply 2 of 5, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't got Pinball dreams for the PC, but I have got pinballs dreams 2.

I find that I also get the table selection screen, but when I select a table, the game hangs instead of displaying the pinball table.

I have a workaround for the time being. I lower the cycles to around 3000, and then select the table.

The table now displays as expected. I then raise cycles to at least 10000 to make the game playable, after the table has loaded.

This works for Pinball Dreams 2. I don't know whether the same method would also allow you to play Pinball Dreams 1 though.

Reply 4 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You may need to mount a folder on your hard drive as C: and the CD-ROM drive as D:. If the CD is mounted as C: then the game won't be able to write any data because the CD is read-only - this could be the cause of the problem.

Reply 5 of 5, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

FYI: My version of pinball dreams 2 just runs from the HDD. It doesn't need CD access I think it's just a single-part executable file called pinbald2.exe or something.

Does your CD version of your game have an install.bat or simillar, so you can install it to the HDD?
In that case, you'll need to mount a writeable HDD drive or folder as C: and the CD drive at the same time as D: for example, as HunterZ has mentioned.