VOGONS

First post, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game is a glide game that I saw on the list. It is for DOS and the game crashes everytime after starting-
INIT: Cannot open screen
Are there any settings I need to enable or disable to get the game to work? I'm not sure if it works with the CVS because I have not tested it yet.

Reply 1 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hope you are taking into account the fact that DOSBox doesn't support Glide, so you will need to run a plain-vanilla version of the game, not the Glide one.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 10, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Extreme Assault (Glide) runs smoothly with Windows XP, VDMSound and dgVoodoo glide wrapper.

Dosbox doesn't emulate glide (not now, at least), so you can't play Glide games with it.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually I am not sure if it's glide or not but all I know is that the error I posted is the one I am getting when I am using DOSBox. I have also tried to run it in Win XP but after it loads the screen just turns black and I have alt-tab out and close it. How do I get my version to work?

I figured out that I don't have the 3dfx version which probably means I have the regular version as I couldn't run with Glidos. I found a guide of getting the game to run but with Glidos but it asks for an XA_3dfx.exe and mine is the regular XA.exe

Reply 5 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

or DGVOODOO.

Looking @ my demo copy of EA there's an XA.exe (Software) and XA_3DFX.EXE (Glide) in the EA directory.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 10, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So can you please give me some steps of what to do to get it working? I have the full version which is non-glide. I think it has already has the latest patch. I remember it working before in Win ME or XP.